Frequent Questions

How do I know that the food that I am eating is safe? Who monitors radioactivity in U.S. and imported foods?

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is the federal agency tasked with monitoring food for radioactivity. You can find information about testing food for radiation by visiting FDA's Public Health Focus-Radiation Safety web page. For information about U.S. food recalls and alerts, please visit, U.S. Food Safety: Recalls and Alerts.

Have more questions? Submit a request