Frequent Questions

What should I do in case of a radiological emergency?

Get inside, stay inside, and tune in to radio, TV, or internet. Follow instructions from local responders.

If you witness an accident or other emergency involving radioactive material, report it to the National Response Center at: 1-800-424-8802.

Learn how to protect yourself and your family in the event of a radiological emergency.

Information is also available on the Centers for Disease Control web page, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Radiation Emergencies.



Have more questions? Submit a request