EPA carries out its radiation protection program responsibilities with several key and complementary activities:
- Setting protective limits on radioactive emissions and associated risks to public health and the environment.
- Assessing radiation risk.
- Responding to emergencies involving radioactive materials
- Providing information and inviting participation in radiation exposure protection programs.
- Working cooperatively with industry, the states, other federal agencies, and national and international organizations that have radiation protection responsibilities.