Frequent Questions

Who monitors radioactivity in domestic and imported foods?

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is the federal agency tasked with monitoring food for radioactivity. You can find information about testing food for radiation by visiting Public Health Focus - Radiation Safety on For information about food recalls and alerts in the United States, please visit U.S. Food Safety: Recalls and Alerts on

Have more questions? Submit a request